Understanding the Clinical Effectiveness and Reimbursement in the World of Skin Substitutes
Jeffrey D. Lehrman, DPM, FASPS, MAPWCA,
Certified Professional Coder
Consultant to the APMA Health Policy and Practice Department
Private Practice, A Step Ahead Foot & Ankle Center
Fort Collins, CO
Matthew G. Garoufalis, DPM, FASPS, FACPM, CWS, FFPM RCPS (Glasg)
Professional Foot Care Specialists, PC
This live webinar will focus on the evidence-based application and compliance considerations associated with skin Substitutes. Dr Lehrman will discuss good medical documentation and appropriate CPT® coding. Dr Garoufalis will explain the use of Skin Substitutes and demonstrate the various ways it can be used to aid in healing difficult wounds. The importance of debridement will be explained, and case studies will be used to showcase the clinical effectiveness of Skin Substitutes.
- Review good medical documentation practices necessary to support the application of skin substitutes.
- Discuss Medicare payment methodology for skin substitutes in physicians’ offices.
- Understand the importance of Medicare advantage, Commercial and Medicaid coverage in product selection.
- Evaluate and demonstrate evidence-based skin substitutes application for the treatment and management of patients with high-risk conditions of the lower extremities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of advanced wound care technologies and limb salvage techniques that can be used to expedite wound healing to improve clinical outcomes.
PRESENT e-Learning Systems is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. PRESENT e-Learning Systems has approved this activity for a maximum of 1 continuing education contact hour.
AffinityCE designates this live educational activity for AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. A maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM will be awarded.
Nurses: CE is provided for this program through collaboration between PRESENT e-Learning Systems and AffinityCE. AffinityCE is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC). This activity provides 1 contact hour of nurse CE credit.